Add to Technorati Favorites

Bookmark and Share

 

Friday, September 3, 2010

Onions ruled out of the Ashes

England fast bowler Graham Onions is due to go under the knife next week keeping him out of action for nine months. Onions tried to make a comeback from a back injury
that kept him out of action for the past few months, but suffered a set back when the problem aggrevated.

Onions will miss out on the Ashes tour which starts in November. "After experiencing the euphoria of being part of an Ashes-winning England team last year, I was determined to get myself fit for selection ahead of this winter's tour of Australia," he said.

However he hoping to get back in the England squad as soon as he can. "I'm determined to overcome this setback and make sure I get back bowling again next year and work my way back into England calculations."

No comments:

Post a Comment